Thursday, February 25, 2016

Make your own dairy-free/healthier coffee creamer

I don't know about you but when I eat/drink too much dairy I feel bloated. I still like my yogurt and have some dairy but try to avoid it as much as I can. A few months ago I cut down on creamer for my coffee. I love coffee with creamer but I only have it now on the weekends as a treat, ha!
So when I found a recipe in a blog called  "the clean plate" I was anxious to try it see how it tastes.
It is super easy to make too!
I really liked it specially with tea but putting a teaspoon or two in my coffee tastes so good too.


The recipe
1 can of full fat coconut milk
1/4 c. almond milk (optional)
1 shake of cinnamon
1 shake of sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  1. Blend all ingredients in a blender, vitamix, or magic bullet.
  2. Serve with coffee and store in the fridge                                                                                                                        
(from http://thecleanplatechef.com/2012/11/14/coconut-coffee-creamer/)




Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment